Data Protection Policy
The GHYC policy is a commitment to protect the rights and privacy if individuals in accordance with the Data Protection Acts.
The General Committee has overall responsibility for ensuring compliance with the Data Protection legislation. All Officers or other designated persons of the Club who collect and/or control the contents and use of personal data are also responsible for compliance with the Data Protection legislation. The General Committee will provide support, assistance, and advice to all such persons to ensure they are in a position to comply with the legislation.
It will be the responsibility of the General Committee to develop and encourage good information handling practise within the Club.
- All Data will be obtained fairl. The GHYC collects data to:
- maintain our membership and stakeholders databases
- perform accounting and other record-keeping functions
- provide membership and staff services
- verify members identity
- Data will be accurate and complete and, where neccessary, kept up to date.
- Data will be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purposes for which it was obtained.
- All acquisition methods (e.g. membership, event registrations, etc.) will have a clear information piece explaining any intended purposes.
Use and Disclosure of Information
- Data will be kept only for clear and legal purposes.
- All Data will be processed fairly and in keeping with the purposes for which it was obtained.
- Data will not be used, disclosed or processed in any manner incompatible with the purposes for which it was obtained.
- Disclosure of Data will only be made to third parties who are our agents or servants acting on our directions. Save as required by law (e.g. criminal investigations) no disclosure of Data will be made to third parties’ own purpose of use.
- Under no circumstances will lists of member data/information (i.e. mailing lists or database information) be disclosed to a thrd part’s exploration or use. Data maybe legitimately given to the GHYC servants or agents for legitimate purposes as described above.
- Used to contact you in the future either by email or post to send you news and general information.
- GHYC is affiliated as a Category 1 club with the ISA. ISA Clubs are constituted clubs in the Republic of Ireland, with open membership, which are engaged in the organisation of sailing and/or leisure boating activities for their members. Under the conditions of ISA affiliation for category 1 clubs, all members of the clubs are also members of the ISA and by affiliating, the club agrees to submit a list of their members to the ISA. ;e,ners who join the club sign up to the agreements the club has made with other parties. The ISA have their own data protection policy.
- Data will be ket for no longer than is necessary for the primary purpose for which it was obtained. In the case of lapsed members, a facility is provided to unsubscribe from future communications.
- Data will be retained for any period required by law.
Glandore Harbour Yacht Club Ltd., School Road, Rushanes, Glandore, Co. Cork, P81KN30, Ireland
Company Reg. Number: 177926
Directors: Karen Horgan, Cormac O’Carroll, Paul Murphy, John Wyles