Sailing School Notice No. 2
The Club has decided that it is not practical to deliver Irish Sailing courses this summer within the current guidelines laid down by government and the ISA, given the unique challenges our location presents.
We are offering alternative GHYC Supported Sailing courses:
This is a flexible weekly course (of morning OR afternoons) that focuses on targeted skill development for trainees to work towards their next ISA Level. Currently these courses are available to trainees that have passed ISA Level 2 (Basic Skills).
We are looking to expand this programme to include more novice sailors as we progress and further information will be made available.
During the course:
- Attendees are encouraged to keep a log of their progress using the logging facility in the Checklick System, this is an athlete development system that the ISA, and GHYC, use for tracking progress and certification.
- The ratios in the supported sailing are favourable (5 students to 1 instructor)
- Our instructors will sign off on skills gained in Checklick.
- The Supported Sailing program offers attendees the opportunity to attend multiple weeks and continue to build their skill set
- Small group numbers will allow instructors to tailor sessions to the individual needs of trainees.
Supported sailing can be booked here.
Please note you must be a member to book.
Contact Training Centre Manager, Kevin Percy email@example.com for further information.
|Sailing Assessment||Man overboard||Tight circles||Navigation||Rudderless|
|5 essentials||Picking up a mooring||Follow the leader||Race strategy|
|Racing League tactics||Racing Rules|
|Dinghy Tuning||Rudderless||Asymmetric spinnaker||Navigation||Asymmetric Spinnaker|
|Coming alongside||Towing under Sail||Racing Strategy|
|Racing Strategy||Racing tactics||Racing Rules|
|Rigging a squib||Keelboat 4 essentials||Heave to||Navigation||Anchoring|
|Paddling and MOB||Towing under sail||Racing strategy|
|Racing Strategy||Racing tactics||Racing rules|