“I’m too old!” “Sailing is for boys” “I don’t have a boat”
These are a few of the misconceptions you will hear when you mention sailing to people who don’t sail yet. The truth is that sailing is for everybody, young, old, male, female, able bodied and disabled. And you do not need to own a boat to try sailing with us. Many people sail OPBs (Other Peoples Boats) as crew members.
Getting out on the water is great for a number of reasons. A recent Scuttlebutt article mentions 8 ways in which sailing helps navigate life , from school work to health and wellbeing.
So have a read and then come sailing with us at Glandore Harbour Yacht Club, where we offer you the chance to go out in a boat with experienced sailors during one of our Try Sailing days.
GHYC also offers these opportunities:
- Sailing Courses for adults
- Women on the Water on Monday evenings during the summer
- a full ISA program in July and August for juniors starting with “A Taste of Sailing”
- a Sunday racing dinghy league from Easter but not for beginners
- crewing on racing boats in our active Dragon and Squib leagues
Contact us at email@example.com 0876718905