GHYC is accredited to run the Irish Sailing (IS) National Powerboat Certificate course, a 14-hour module spread over 2 days or 1 full day and 2 evenings. During these courses, participants (who must be 16 years of age or older) will use the club rescue boats (ribs, fun yaks, inboard diesel) to learn a full range of powerboat skills as detailed in the syllabus on the IS website.
National Powerboat Certificate courses will take place from St Patrick’s weekend Until Halloween. These courses are dependent upon there being sufficient interest for each course.
GHYC is also accredited to run the more advanced Safety Boat Course which is designed for Advanced Sailing Instructors and Race Committees and is specifically geared towards the recovery of people and equipment in more challenging conditions. Again, this is a 14-hour course with the pre-requisite of having attained the National Powerboat Certificate. The full syllabus for this course can be seen on the IS website.
For further information please contact email@example.com
Please read the important notes listed below as you will be asked to confirm that you accept these conditions when you Enrol On-Line.
- Courses will be carried out in GHYC safety boats which will include powerboats with outboard motors, inboard motors and also RIBs
- For insurance reasons, all applicants must be members of GHYC; hence there is a temporary membership fee for non-members
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to have their own Buoyancy aid and dress appropriately for the weather conditions at the time including rain gear, sun screen etc
- All courses are weather permitting and in case of very bad weather we will postpone the course and endeavour to run it as soon as possible after the original date
- No refunds will apply except in exceptional circumstances as agreed with Club Committee
- All applicants will be provided with IS certification on successful completion of the course.