Unfortunately, the Club has decided that it is not practical to deliver Irish Sailing courses this summer within the current guidelines laid down by government and the ISA, given the unique challenges our location presents. In place of those, we will be co-ordinating supervised sailing. This is a flexible weekly course (of morning OR afternoons) that focuses on targeted skill development for trainees to work towards their next ISA Level. All sailors will be included in this format.
We are looking to expand this programme to include more novice sailors as we progress and further information will be made available. Members are asked to email Kevin via email@example.com if they wish to book in as spaces are limited.
During the course:
- Attendees are encouraged to keep a log of their progress using the logging facility in the Checklick System, this is an athlete development system that the ISA, and GHYC, use for tracking progress and certification.
- The Supported Sailing program offers attendees the opportunity to attend multiple weeks and continue to build their skill set
- Small group numbers will allow instructors to tailor sessions to the individual needs of trainees.
Beginners Supported Sailing
The supported sailing for younger, less experienced members will be available to groups of 8 commencing week of the 13th July
This course is a over 5 half days and is available to book on EPP
Skills covered over this week will include:
- Rigging appropriate boats
- Appropriate knot work
- Describe points of sail
- Launching and recovering a boat effectively in all wind directions
- Get out of irons
- Capsize recovery
- Reach across the wind effectively
- Sail downwind & upwind
- Tack & gybe the boat effectively
- Applying 5 essentials
- Picking up a mooring
- Coming alongside a boat in all wind directions
- Paddle in a straight line
- Balance the boat
- Sail around a basic course as laid by instructors
ISA Course Organiser